The importance of sustainability!

Hi guys,

Firstly, thank you for taking time out of your day to read this!!

I want to explain my view and practice on “sustainable Beauty and living”. Here at Ben Ryan Hair salon, it is something I am very passionate about, I love the idea of utilising our industry to create a better planet for us and generations after us!

We start with our haircare brand, the are a carbon neutral company and have been awarded the “b corp” certificate. A little insight below!

“We envision a global economy that uses business as a force for good.

This economy is comprised of a new type of corporation - the B Corporation -
Which is purpose-driven and creates benefit for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.

As B Corporations and leaders of this emerging economy, we believe:

  • That we must be the change we seek in the world.

  • That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.

  • That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.

  • To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.”

Davines use organically grown products sourced from Italy, also known as the presidio slow food movement!!

they look, smell and work like an absolute dream from shampoo, to colour and styling products!!.

Our efforts go as far as recycling 90% of our refuge (the other 10%, is unable for recycling)I should know as I personally control our recycling programme. We use a renewable energy supplier, the salon is kitted out with eco light bulbs, our colour gowns are reusable, it is also full of living house plants, to clear the air we breathe! Our laundry is cool washed and hung dry using a+++ rated machinery.

Even our coffee is sustainably sourced.

In salon entertainment either comes in form of book shared novel, magazines on our iPads (no trees were harmed in the digital world)

We are always open to new ways of saving the environment and we love it!